Design: Ruthie Sommers, Wallpaper: Farrow & Ball
Catch you later, winter! Spring is finally upon us (even if it doesn’t completely feel like that in New York City!) and we’re ready to embrace the warmer season and all that comes with it. For this #TipTuesday, we’ve rounded up 10 of our favorite spring design inspo tidbits from two of our most-beloved design magazines.
– “Rearrange the floor plan of your living room—it’s the ultimate no-cost decorating tip.” —Jason Grant
– Look to Mother Nature for a rainbow palette that’s pleasing to the eye. Pink, red and orange tulips evoke a fiery sunset when mixed together.
– “Pick up a new duvet and shams to brighten up your bedroom.” —Ryan White
– Decorate an empty windowsill with freshly cut flowers for an even prettier view.
– “Spring is a great time of year to bring in pillows in breezy fabrics like linen or printed cotton to lighten things up a bit.” —Paloma Contreras
– Go for the beach-inspired look by decking the mantel with sea glass, driftwood and various rustic accents.
– A bright pink wall paint paired with an eclectic arrangement of fresh greens is about as effortlessly chic as it gets.
– Give that outdated credenza or storage unit a new lease on life with a fresh coat of paint—preferably one in an unexpected shade!
– Natural greens not only help impart an organic detail to a room, but they also bring about a refreshing element that’s hard to beat.
– Not all colorful updates require a vibrant finish; going for the more muted and understated is definitely acceptable.